Friday, January 24, 2014

Week 16

How Far Along: 16 weeks 5 days

Size of babies: From out appointment Monday, all 3 babies are measuring 6 oz. :) That's a total of 18 oz in my belly now. This week's fruit/vegetable is a dill pickle!
 
Total Weight Gain: 13.2 lbs. Def. time to start buying maternity pants! The doctor says I look around 26 weeks pregnant.
Sleep: Some nights is more restless than others. Also, getting more uncomfortable to lay on my back. Indigestion is another huge issue that is starting to effect me, mainly when I am trying to get to sleep.

Symptoms: Pelvic pain (still waiting on my SI belt), indigestion, severe congestion, and the constipation is back. This week I also developed a boil on my ear lobe that has been taken care of. Hopefully we only have one more week of treatment before it is completely gone. Also, surprise surprise, a yeast infection has arrived. This is the first one I have ever had, and let me tell you I pray it's the last. I started the Monistat 7 yesterday and then will start a round of antibiotics to clear everything up. To put it into perspective, I will be on 5th straight week of antibiotics at that point, 6th week total in pregnancy so far. I've had 2 UTI's and the for the boil I was prescribed a 10-day round, and then for the yeast infection will start as soon as I'm done with the ones for the ear. With pregnancy comes a weakened immune system which brings along infections. I;m not happy about it because I hate taking all this medicine for fear of the babies but I know it is helping them and keeping all the bad germs away!

Cravings: More sweets than savory. Does a craving to do yoga count? And this week it's been muffins. And not being able to decide what I want to eat, ever.

Gender- Wait for the next post!!

Movement: Still very minimum. Sometimes I'll feel stronger ones but still nothing major yet!

Maternity Clothes: Shopping for them this weekend. The belly band is still serving its' purpose over fully unzipped and unbuttoned pants. Not the coolest look but hey, it works and it has gotten me 2 full months without having to buy any extra maternity clothes. But hubby's sweat pants aren't fitting anymore and nothing of mine fits anymore, so it's time to break down and start my new wardrobe!

Best Moments this week: Seeing my babies! They are getting so big (weighing 6 oz a piece!) It's so nice to have Moses at all of the appointments and to share those moments together, like finding out the sex of the babies! Seeing his excitement when he sees his babies makes me fall in love with him all over again. He has warmed up to the idea of triplets really fast, faster than I did actually.

What I'm looking forward to: Our 20 week appointment with the high risk doctors in Iowa City. And then 3 days after that, we fly back home for the baby shower. I am so excited, the guest list keeps growing and his sister from New York is driving all the way down to be there! I can't wait to see my family, my amazing friends and celebrate our babies with everyone. I am torturing my mom and sister because I told them they could see pictures of my stomach again until we fly down. I want it to be a surprise.

Milestones: Making it this far. I never thought about how hard this would be and is going to be on my body and mind but I am so happy to get to experience this journey. I know there are so many women who would trade places with me, I used to be one of those women! I am trying to enjoy every minute, even the rough days.
 


 
Look at that belly!!
 
I will be posting US pictures in the next post as well as the gender reveal so look out for that this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment