Saturday, January 11, 2014

Let's Get Caught Up

We Hello!! For starters, I'm Liz. I'm 21 years old and if you read the title of my blog you know I have some big news: I'm having triplets!! That's right, 3 boucing beautiful babies! This blog will be my journey through my pregnancy :) so welcome and take a seat for an intense journey through pregnancy with triplets! 

Three times the joy and love. 

Let's begin with catching up: 
Week 4: missed period and surprise surprise, the positive pregnancy test! 

I took 2 just to be safe but here it was, the moment I had been waiting for for a long time! :) We were so excited, not a nervous bone to be found. Starting a family was the dream and we were finally at the start of that! 

Week 5-7: relatively smooth sailing. Nausea started kicking in around week 7 and oh my, I have never been so tired. Because we were high risk, we had an ultrasound scheduled for 8 weeks. I lived on chocolate milk and saltines through this time!! Through this week, we were still think it was a single baby and we're planning for such. 

Week 8: I was so excited for this week to get here!! I get to see my baby, make sure he/she was ok and finally breath a sigh of relief! When you lose one child, you never get over the fear that you won't be able to carry another. So we get to the appointment and I'm so excited. My fiancé, his mother and I all in the waiting room. Nervous was the biggest feeling before we went in for the US. Will there be a heartbeat, will my miracle baby still be there. We get in the room and because we were doing the US so early it was being done vaginally. As soon as we get situated and the tech starts, it was immediate to see something was off! Where there is usually 1 sac, there was something else. The tech then says, well it looks like there's 3 heartbeats, 3 babies, and 3 placentas. Wait let me make sure there was ONLY 3. At this
point I cannot speak. I keep saying do what over and over again. As my fiancé explains to his mom what is going on. The world seemed to stop, my ears weren't working and I had stopped thinking. There was no way to process this...pure shock was my emotion. After she checked all 3 babies and made sure they were perfectly fine, we went and talked to my OB. She was just as shocked as we were. We talked about how things would be different with triplets and scheduled the next few appointments. One moment that will always stay in my mind is when we were waiting on the doctor to come in, A Thousand Years started playing. This was going to be our 1st dance song at our wedding. I tear up when I hear the song...it was our sign that everything was going to be ok! :)

I'll be back with the next post week 9-15 and then I will be posting weekly or whenever something happens. Any triplet resources are hard to come by so I want to share my experience so other triplet moms can help and learn!! 

Here's the 1st picture of our little tots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment